Monday, January 21, 2013

snowflake ballerinas



Saturday night I stayed up late cutting out snowflake ballerinas for Cate's room. What a way to spend a Saturday night! Woo hoo! I made quite a mess of teeny tiny white bits of paper too. That was fun to clean up. While I snipped away I watched old episodes of The X-Files. Like way old. Season 1 that began in the early 90's. Oh, that was so fun and I kind of feel old now because I was a real live adult in the early 90's. Whatever. I love that show. Agent Mulder is dreamy (I'd say he's a fox but how corny would that be?).
I had this plan to hang up the snowflake ballerinas on the wall above Cate's bunk bed. It's empty. I like to think I'm just waiting for her to be old enough to decide on her own taste in decor instead of the truth (I have no idea how to decorate anything). First I wanted to hang up the C A T E letters I've had since she was a teeny tiny baby. Seriously. They stayed in their boxes for a few years and then out of the boxes and on top of her bookshelf collecting dust for another few years. I have no idea what I'm doing. Or a big fear of commitment.

So with no help from her (even though she'd tell you otherwise), I got the letters up. Then I told her she had to leave the room while I hung up the snowflake ballerinas. I wanted to surprise her (and I was desperate for a little quiet time). So she left and I got busy taping.

When I let her back in the room she screamed with a big smile on her face.

Score one for me.

Her walls are pale pink and the ceiling is beige but you can't really tell in the picture. If you look closely you can see the green paint peeking through where the wall meets the ceiling. I still haven't done the touch ups. I'll give it a few more years in case she decides to change the color some day. And I'm a lazy decorator.


4 comments:

Marisa said...

Love this! I love the ballerinas. I love the letters. Cate is so lucky! I'm saving this for December. The ballerinas will be perfect decorations for our Nutcracker party!

Cathy said...

Awesome! They'll be perfect!

Unknown said...

whoa, that wall looks adorable. oh, and I totally LOVE the X Files.

Cathy said...

Ah, thanks. And good thing there's 9 seasons. That should keep me busy for a while.