Wednesday, April 4, 2012

primed and ready



Know what made me super duper happy today?

Getting lots of stuff ready to paint! I love painting stuff.

And thanks to a few visitors this morning (with the keen eye for decorating that I seriously lack), I have some ideas of what colors to use.

Things are going to start getting all cute-i-fied around here and I tell you what, it's about time.




We had lots of little cousins at our house this morning. Seven kids: ages 7, 5, 5, 3, 3, 1 and 1. All odds. Cool. Even cooler, if we had another get-together tomorrow and added the other two cousins who were at school today we'd have ages 9, 7, 7, 5, 5, 3, 3, 1 and 1.

Grandma planned a little egg hunt in our backyard. I'd show oodles of pictures of that except almost every one is plagued with weeds, dead leaves from last fall and um, more weeds. We've got lots of work to do. Actually, Dan's got lots of work to do. I'm going to be busy painting.




Other items from the day worth mentioning, I made a roast for dinner. I used this recipe and it's so good.

I played volleyball with the youth at church tonight. I'm pretty sure I haven't played volleyball since a P.E. class I took in college. That was almost 20 years ago. Seriously. I'm not good at it and boy, are my arms going to be sore tomorrow. Ouch.

I ate a brownie when I came home because all that standing around missing balls sure worked up my appetite.

2 comments:

debra said...

You're a natural at volleyball. I can't wait to see your finished projects.

Cathy said...

Ha! I'm a natural loser at volleyball. Although I must admit I'm not so lousy at serving...sometimes.