Tuesday, January 24, 2012

national peanut butter day


I like peanut butter.

I like that it gets its own little day.

It's today.

National Peanut Butter Day.

Based on my research, it's also National Eskimo Pie Patent Day, Lobster Thermidor Day, Belly Laugh Day and National Compliment Day.

Allow me to introduce you to my latest favorite peanut buttery treat.


Peanut butter pretzel bites


Red, white and pink sprinkles for neighbor Valentine's treats (if they make it out of my kitchen)



Red, white and blue sprinkles for President's Day (if you're into bringing around treats to the neighbors on that day).

Or wait until July. That works too.

Or Memorial Day if you can't wait until July.


I halved the recipe. It made 20.

Those missing two were camera shy (and quite tasty).




For the chocolate, I mixed a little peanut butter in with the chocolate chips (got the idea from Marisa's chocolate graham cookies). Made it creamier and less cracky when you bite in. Not that I mind cracky chocolate when it's covering my peanut butter and pretzels.

Wouldn't you know it. On National Peanut Butter Day I'm all out of peanut butter.

Poor planning on my part.

I'll be buying a jar this morning and stuffing my face with these little yummies by nightfall.

Yum.

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Oh happy day! Those look yummy.

Judy said...

These are my favorite! Although I did love the pudding pie you made recently. But that's different. So those are my top two treats you've made in the past little bit. Oh and the peanut butter cookies with a hint of cocoa. Loved those too.

Cathy said...

Ha! That pudding pie was from the recipe on the back of the pudding box! So gourmet!

Arlene said...

Cute! I want to make them!