Thursday, January 26, 2012

jack and the beanstalk and the ponies


I dragged the kids to story time at The Farm yesterday morning.

It was our first time. Not sure why we haven't gone before. It's a free way to fill up a chunk of morning. Please tell me I'm not the only mom who tries to fill up chunks of the morning with free stuff. It beats watching kids running around the house making messes right?

I figured Danny and Ray Ray wouldn't pay attention to the story. Cate probably would.

That's exactly what happened.

The lady read Jack and the Beanstalk (which I figured my kids would like since we took them to see Puss in Boots last weekend and there's a giant beanstalk in that movie).

Then the kids (which really ended up being me all by myself) planted beans in gloves.



The gloves are hanging in the front room window (which could really use a good cleaning) for all the south going traffic on our street to see.

After the story and bean planting, we headed outside (since it was sunny and only slightly chilly). Cate rode the ponies twice. Ray Ray kept shaking his head and saying Uh-uh when I asked him if he wanted to ride. Then when I helped Cate onto her pony he ran over to me screaming in fear. I was a little worried he'd spook the ponies but they remained calm.

Danny had no interest in riding either.



We took a little wagon ride around the block and then off to Ray Ray's house for his nap.

I wonder sometimes when I go on little outings with these adorable little people if they realize that I'm doing this all for them.

Do they know that?

Am I happy enough?

Do I look like I'm trying to enjoy myself so that they can enjoy themselves?

Or does it even matter to them?

I don't know.

We'll just keep on doing stuff until all the chunks of time are filled up.

Or until I don't care about kids running around my house making messes.


p.s. That picture at the top on the end. Danny looking like he's crying. He's not. He was in the middle of a laugh.

p.p.s. And the one at the end with the sun rays. Danny looking like he's sleeping. He's not. He was in the middle of a blink.

1 comment:

Arlene said...

I hope you post updates of the beans. :) That's a little bit creepy.