Thursday, January 19, 2012

meeting a movie star


That's me.

With my arm around a movie star.

And lookee there.

He's got his arm around me too. (I'm never going to wash that shoulder again.)

I apologize for the cruddy cell phone picture. I don't have an iPhone.

His name (in case you don't recognize him) is Jasen Wade.

I got his autograph too.




He plays Levi Savage in the movie 17 Miracles.

The movie is very touching. It's about the Willie Handcart Company of Mormon pioneers and their journey to the Salt Lake Valley.

My grandma was a card carrying member of the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers. I guess that makes me one too (although I don't have a membership card).

I've always been interested in hearing and reading stories of the pioneers. I'm grateful that they made the sacrifices they did so that I can have what I do today.

(And they make yummy cookies and candy too. I've already got my Pioneer Day recipe picked out for this summer. It's a good one.)

If you haven't seen the movie yet, you should.

And try not to be too jealous that I got to meet a movie star.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

well now I think I need to see the movie.

Janell R. Cropper said...

Um in an effort to try to be cool, I'll put in that I know a lady who was in that movie...:) But yes, I'm jealous you got to meet a movie star :)

Arlene said...

I keep hearing about this movie. I think I need to post my picture of me and Mitt holding hands on my blog again.

Hansen's blog said...

Deidra's niece is in that movie (Frank's daughter). I need to see it.