Wednesday, January 11, 2012

the greatest snow on earth


It's January and I'm still waiting for our first snow storm of winter.

What's the hold up?

I hate driving in the stuff but I love to shovel it. It's a good workout, especially if the snow is wet.

Danny and Cate love to eat it. Especially if it's been on the ground. These kids are hungry.

Just the other day, Danny was singing a song about eating icicles. Something about how the best ones are hanging off the house.

These kids are anxious for some snow.

* * *

That's my favorite picture of Grandma's house.

The house we live in.

I'm wishing things looked like this outside right now. Or soon at least.

* * *

And just for fun, here's the picture of the same house now. Well, the tree has lost its leaves but everything else is pretty much where it belongs.




Candis painted this picture for me.

I love it.

Home sweet home.

I just wish there were 3 inches of snow on the roof right now.

And about the same amount covering up all the dead leaves of fall that I didn't rake up.

* * *

p.s. Click on Candis up there. It's a link to her free printable LOVE banner for Valentine's Day! Cute stuff!

p.p.s. Happy birthday to Uncle Tim! Danny was shocked to find out yesterday that Uncle Tim is Dan's big brother. Totally shocked. I promise I've told him before.

5 comments:

Marisa said...

Ooh, I might need a watercolor painting of my house! I love it. I hope Candis opens up shop again soon.

And I definitely need the snow in that top photo. Exactly that much snow. Perfection.

Cathy said...

Candis is my good friend so maybe if I ask her really nicely and you pay her oodles of money she'll do one for you too. Maybe.

debra said...

I love your grandma waving in the picture! And I'm jealous of the watercolor. Candis is amazing. I'm pretty sure there's nothing she can't do.

Cathy said...

Grandma would stand and wave until she was out of sight. Every time.

Candis Ellis said...

Cathy, I am dying over that photo. I love her :) I'm so glad you like your portrait! It was so fun to do!