Sunday, April 10, 2011

ten things late at night


I'm not sure I have anything nice to say yet but I've got stuff on my mind that wants to get out. Here it comes. Brace yourself. It's going to be boring. You might want to just skim.

1. My kids are adorable. That's their "pose in front of the window before church because Grama Bama thinks Cate is so cute in green" picture. I bribed Danny with two pieces of gum to put his arm around his sister. Cate didn't need any bribing.

2. I've decided that it feels weird to blog when my parents are here. (My dad flew home today. He's been here since Wednesday. My mom's leaving on Tuesday. She's been here almost two weeks.) I don't really know why it feels that way. It just does. Not in a bad way. I don't want them to read this and stop visiting though. Don't get any ideas, parents. You still need to come back soon.

3. Cate has stopped napping. The last time I put her down for a nap she slept from 2:00 until 6:00 and then was up until 11:30. That is not ok. She has fallen asleep on the couch a few times. That's not good either because it happens in the late afternoon when I'm trying to prepare dinner stuff. I'm feeling sad just writing this. I miss my two hours (sometimes more) in the afternoon when children sleep and I sit on the couch watching my shows and dinking around on the computer.

4. I've been wondering a lot lately why some moms get sad when their kids go to school. What are they thinking? Really. What? My kids are going to be one grade apart in school and I could not be happier about it. There. I said it. Go ahead and judge me.

5. I'm wondering when this is going to get easier. Babies are hard work. One baby and one toddler is tough. Two little kids that don't nap is the hardest by far. I miss my ME time. It's gone. I have to stay up late just so I can hear the peace and quiet that's never here during the day.

6. It's been nice to have my mom here. She's taken the kids to my sister's house a few times in the mornings and I've heard that peace and quiet. It sounds like heaven.

7. I don't know how much longer I can do this no sugar thing. It's not feeling good. I miss baking chocolate goodies. I miss taking them to the neighbors with my kids. I miss having a taste and feeling like I accomplished something besides washing dishes, folding laundry and showering for the day. I miss having my house smell yummy.

8. I don't even know if I've lost any weight since starting the no sugar a few weeks ago. My initial plan was to give myself a week of no sugar before weighing myself. After that week off sugar I started not feeling very good. Then I stopped going to the gym because it's hard to get a good workout when your head feels like it's going to explode. No way I'm weighing myself now after almost two weeks of no exercise (except that one Thursday night when I was feeling better).

9. I took loads of pictures yesterday for my nine on the ninth post and then Dan and I went on a date to Walmart last night and it plum wore me out. I swear if Dan had just proposed by saying, "Marry me, Cathy, and I promise to show you a good time at Walmart when we're old and tired" I might have said yes sooner. Now I've stayed up too late writing a bunch of nothing (after watching some tv with my mother...well, she was in the room but I'm not sure how much of it she actually saw with her eyes closed) and still no nine on the ninth. I'll try to not let it bother me too much that I didn't post it on the ninth. As long as it's before the next ninth I think I'm ok.

10. My leg hurts when I sneeze.

2 comments:

Marisa said...

1. If we lived closer, we might be inseparable.

2. I'm taking a moment of silence for the end of Cate's naps. :sssshhhhh: Some moms, I hear (though certainly not me, wink, wink) replace naps with "movie quiet time." It helps to ease the transition.

3. I don't get sad when the kids go to school. I get sad that I have to wake up early and make lunches, but that's it.

4. It will probably get easier between ages 6 and 9. But then they're pre-teens, and teenagers, and life is hell once again.

5. Is there a chance you're feeling yucky because of the no sugar? That might be worth investigating. But if they're not related, then have a cookie for crying out loud. It's called "comfort food" for a reason. :)

Glenora said...

So handsome and beautiful - especially love the sparkley shoes and the hands full of legos!