Tuesday, December 14, 2010

a play date and a santa


Cate had a play date this morning with her little friend from church. There was a lot of squealing and running around the house. I told Cate to put her arm around her friend so I could take their picture and this is what I got. It was fun to see Cate playing with a girl for a change.

Later we went to see Santa. The same one we saw last year. I'm convinced he's the real guy. Danny was excited to go. He kept asking me if it was 6:00 yet (the time I told him we'd leave). Then he fell asleep on me while we were sitting on the couch at 5:00 (because he woke up at 7:00 this morning...because he went to bed before 8:00 last night). I had to wake him up to leave so he was a total grump.

We arrived before Santa did. The kids played while we waited. This is one of the only pictures I got. I was testing my flash to see if it would work. It did. Hooray.



When Santa walked in, Danny hid behind me and Cate plopped herself on my lap and squeezed the crap out of my neck. Danny wouldn't talk to Santa. Cate thanked him for the candy cane. That's about it. Sadly, I am in all the Santa pictures this year since both of my darlings insisted on being held.

What's the cut off for just plopping the kid on Santa's lap and stepping back so someone can take a picture of your screaming kid? Apparently in this family it's somewhere around two and a half.

Judy took some pictures of Danny. My friend took a few of the both of them. I'm hoping she'll share them with me so I can have some kind of record for the memory books.

Speaking of Santa memories, here's a few more for your viewing enjoyment.


Before 1978

Dan (the adorable little boy without glasses)
with his siblings (minus the youngest...that's how I know it's before 1978)
and the creepiest Santa I have ever seen in my entire life

2008

recently turned two-year-old Danny
and almost 6-month-old Cate (who Santa kept referring to as a him)


1977

four-and-a-half-year-old me
(judging by the black knee-high stockings, pink dress and brown shoes, I'd have to guess this is when I started dressing myself)



2009

eighteen-month-old Cate
(maybe the memory of this is the reason why she wouldn't sit on his lap tonight)


Ho
Ho
Ho

6 comments:

jenny said...

wow! the 2 boys in the family shot from 'before 1978' looks almost exactly like 'the christmas story' kid. 'you'll shoot yer eye out'. awesome pic!

Arlene said...

hehehe

Where are this years pictures?!?!

Diane said...

I think Judy is right, Tim is "Ralphie" and Dan is the whiney little brother with the snowsuit, hilarious :D! Also, can you forward me that pic of the Olds boys? Where do you get these old pics anyways? Marilyn has never given me any. Also, you should send those pics of your kids to the Ellen show, she shows "Bad Santa Photo's" every day on her show and they would for sure be used, so funny!

Cathy said...

This year's pictures are on Judy's camera. I'm going to be stealing them shortly. I took none because I was busy holding my little fraidy cats.

Kate Daly said...

I want some black knee high socks now!!!

Chrisanne said...

Love the pics :) where do you usually take your kids to see Santa?