Tuesday, July 20, 2010

ten things I really really want


1. to know why Danny does things like this to his sister's toys. What is going on in his little head?

2. a couple of bake even strips so the next time I make a flag cake, the layers don't look like I asked my two-year-old to cut them for me.

3. for my sister to go ahead and birth that baby! Sheesh. Danny was talking to me about it yesterday. He thinks they're going to name him either Knuckles or Nick. Then he asked me how Judy's going to get that baby out. I told him the doctors were going to help her. Usually that's enough and he moves on. Not this time. Double sheesh.

4. a few of these felt rock candies. I think they are just adorable. I have no need for them. I just want them. I don't even like real rock candy but these are too cute. I could just prop them up on my dresser and look at them every day.

5. raisins. I ran out a few days ago. I've been to Costco twice since then. Why are there no raisins for sale at Costco? Am I crazy? Am I missing something? I tried to improvise and make my oatmeal semi-edible by using mini chocolate chips. It sounded good in my head. It didn't taste good in the bowl. I want raisins.

6. to move to Santa Cruz. Here's the weather this week where I live:

and here's the weather in Santa Cruz. During the second to last week of July. JULY!

7. one more of the Nutella Gooey Butter Cookies I made on Sunday afternoon. I only ate one. I want to eat one more. I can't though because I gave most of them away. That's how I exercise self control. I made Dan's extra yummy by spreading a glob of Nutella on top. Then I contemplated eating the rest of the Nutella in the jar. I didn't though. I spread it on some graham crackers and fed it to the nephews yesterday.



8. to put my kids to bed at 7:30 every night. I did it last night. Danny went right to sleep. Cate stayed awake talking to her stuffed animals for two hours (that's after Dan rocked her for about a half hour and then put her in her crib, much to her dismay). I almost didn't know what to do with myself with so much free time before bed. It was beautiful...up until the part where Danny woke up at 4:49 this morning, bright-eyed and ready for the day.

9. to have the time and patience to make these Minnie Mouse silhouette cakepops for my mother-in-law. It's her birthday on Friday. She likes Minnie Mouse. I think she'd love these. I have no idea where to find heart shaped sprinkles in July anyway. Oh, well. It's the thought that counts.

10. to buy some school supplies. I saw them on display at Walmart last week. I love school supplies. Glue for 25¢? I love it. I just wish I had a kid going to school to make it worth the effort. Maybe I'll go to Walmart tomorrow and just browse the school supplies...right after I find me some raisins.

3 comments:

Kate Daly said...

I would love to have a love for baking like you do....but I don't even have a knack (SP?) for it. I ruin everything I try to cook/bake. You're amamzing Cathy! And I just love your little family (loved the Carnival post and the fact that Danny asked for his picture to be taken)

Marion said...

I love your blog Cathy. It makes me laugh every time. Your kids are so dang cute and you are looking amazing!!! I love school supplies too so I am filling backpacks for foster kids. I can never seem to stay on the list either! Who only needs one box of 24 crayons when you can have a box of 64 crayons with a sharpener AND a box of glitter crayons??? Also school supplies means fall is coming and fall is my favorite time of year!
Marion

colds1 said...

Whew! I'm so glad I didn't get you what I was going to get you for your belated birthday gift. Now I can get you something that you REALLY want. Bwahahahaha