Wednesday, June 2, 2010

slow cooker chicken tenders


Here's a good one for all the moms like me who aren't great at planning what's for dinner and who hate (I mean really really hate) spending a lot of time making dinner. I don't actually enjoy making dinner (with or without a supper nanny), spending 10 minutes (and that's a high estimate) eating it, then way too long cleaning up and washing the dishes.

I made this recipe three times in one week last month. Three times. The first time was for my family. I loved it. Cate loved it. So did Dan. Danny...not so much. But that's how he is with everything besides pizza, chicken nuggets, broccoli and chocolate milk.

I made it the next day for Judy's family. I just stuck it all in her crock pot and dinner was ready for her family when she came home from work. (Yes, I am a wonderful sister.)

Then I made it a few days later for my family again. I knew it was a good recipe to share and I hadn't taken any pictures the first time. So we got all chickened out that week. It was worth it though. So yummy!

Slow Cooker Chicken Tenders

about 15 chicken tenders
one 8 ounce package cream cheese
one 10 ounce can cream of chicken soup
one package Italian seasonings mix (dry)
one 14 ounce can chicken broth

Mix all ingredients together. Place in a crock pot and cook on low to medium, three to four hours until chicken is very tender. Serve over fettuccine noodles. (I used noodles the first time and rice the next. I prefer the rice.)


Thanks to my friend Cindy for the recipe. She doesn't have a blog. If she did, I'd link to it. She's pretty amazing anyway. And she makes amazing chicken.

5 comments:

Arlene said...

I love that recipe. Mine has broccoli in it, though. Maybe Danny would eat it with broccoli? Thanks for the reminder to use the slow cooker in the summer. I usually forget about it but it's getting to be too hot to grill!

Plain Chicken said...

Love this recipe. My mom calls it Angel Chicken.

Amy said...

Looks yummy! This is a favorite at our house. Thank you for the comment today and for coming to check my blog out. I hope you enjoy what you read and become a follower.

I look forward to getting to know you better :)

Zipdinger said...

I can't wait to try it! It looks Sooooooo yummy!! And, I can't believe Danny likes brocolli! AMAZING! I have to bribe my kids if I want them to eat that...

Dan said...

When are we going to have this again?
Seriously, it's been a little too long.