Wednesday, April 7, 2010

or else


Here's a little something my son hears from my mouth several times a day:

Danny, I need you to listen and obey or else I'll have to take your Star Wars toys away.

Sometimes he listens. Sometimes he doesn't.

Sometimes the light sabers (or, according to Danny, just sabers since they don't light up) get put in an out-of-reach spot until he can obey.

Sometimes he cries. Sometimes he acts like he couldn't care less. It's hit and miss.

I take away the Star Wars toys because I know that most of the time they're his favorites. I'm thinking he's noticing what my favorite toy is too.

At bedtime a few nights ago, he told me that he wanted to watch Oswald one more time. I told him no. And then he told me this:

Mama, you have to listen to me else I'll take your da-bee-duh away.

I guess I need to stop "playing" on my computer so much.

2 comments:

Dan said...

So that's how I can get you to listen to me! But I don't know if I want to do that. Usually when you listen to me you fall asleep, and then I have to listen to your SNORING. You can keep the computer; I don't want to put up with that noise!

Cathy said...

Ha ha. Very funny. Or not.