Sunday, May 17, 2009

church

Church with Danny has been somewhat of a struggle for me lately. By "struggle" I mean that it's no fun at all and I dread Sunday. By "lately" I mean the past two and a half years. Dan has a proposal for a two hour church block. I think Danny would be totally on board for that.

I am pleased to report that he made it through the first hour and ten minutes of church without leaving the room once! That hasn't happened since Rusty's baby blessing in March. Before that, I have no idea when the last time was. Don't judge. I'm doing my best. I'm trying to keep church somewhat reverent for everyone else.

Today he let me read books to him and even color a little. He has a spiral notebook and some pens to scribble with. Usually the notebook just stays open to whatever page he was last coloring on. Today he closed the notebook and was startled to see what was on the cover.

He looked at it and said (quite loudly, of course),

"Oh, my goodness! That is Kris!"
(It obviously didn't come out of his mouth sounding like that. I translated for you.)

It's a Spider Man notebook.

And just to top it all off, during the special musical number by the choir, Danny sang "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer."

You guessed it.
Quite loudly.

Someone needs to teach that boy how to whisper.


(I realize that the monkey costume has nothing to do with church. He's just so stinkin' cute. And it goes with the picture at the top that also has nothing to do with church. But the picture at the top shows Spider Man...who also has nothing to do with church.)

No comments: