Friday, May 9, 2014

Nine on the Ninth



∞ Dan had a birthday today. I am married to an old man. He's a good one though and he puts up with a lot of crazy around here (most of it from me).

∞ The kiddies are sleeping at my parents' house tonight. Dan and I went out to dinner. I ate a bleu bacon burger and beer battered fries. Yum. 

∞ Danny finished another round of swim lessons today. He passed. Yippee! His lessons are an hour long. Cate swims by herself while he has his lesson. Today Ray Ray joined her. It was a joyous day because I didn't have to get in the pool with them. They did it solo. I figured with a lifeguard every 5 feet there's no reason for me to get in. I hate wearing a swimsuit so this is working out very nicely for me. I tried not to think about it too much because I didn't want to be crying tears of joy at the city pool.

∞ Cate and I fed our neighbor's lambies today before her school started. They were born on Easter and their mama died so we give them a baaa-baaa of milk (formula?). Our neighbors are very kind to let us help them. It's a highlight of our day. Those lambies are so dang cute.

∞ I ate 2 hard boiled eggs and some carrots for lunch today. I was preparing myself for the burger and fries I was hoping to eat for dinner.

∞ I ate a tomato and 3 eggs fried in coconut oil for breakfast. That was also to prepare myself for the burger. It was worth it.

∞ Danny told me this morning that our backyard has lots of weeds. It's true. It does. Cate got upset at me last night because I pulled a few dandelions in the front yard. I told her they're weeds and she said it's ok because there's plenty in the back yard for her to blow. And that's why our backyard has lots of weeds. If I was an old retired lady with 9 hours a day to dedicate to yard work, things might be different. 

∞ I gave myself the morning off today. Instead of waking up at 5:45 and folding laundry or washing dishes I slept until 6:15. And then I got up and washed dishes. Awesome. Some people treat themselves to nail polish or perfume or new make up. I treat myself to nice smelling dish soap. It's true. I buy the good stuff. I've got 4 different flavors under the kitchen sink right now. 

∞ I'm going to eat some dark chocolate chip gelato now. I bought it last night and I'm proud of myself for not eating it for breakfast.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

You blogged! I am proud!

I know the burger you speak of, and it is delightful...and I am jealous.

That is sad the mommy lamb died. That is still a highlight from last year.

debra said...

I can't believe I missed this for so long. That's what having a baby will do I guess. My kids have been asking about the lambs. We'll have to go take a walk.