Tuesday, August 21, 2012

city by the bay



Friday was the day for San Francisco.

I planned on posting the picture Dan took of Danny and me in front of this same yummy chocolate shop 5 years ago. I thought it would be cute to see how much he's grown (and not so cute to see how much I've grown). Sadly, the pictures from that trip are on my external hard drive and I can't figure out how to get them onto Dan's computer. I know how to get them onto my computer but it died a few months ago and we still haven't taken it in to get checked. Dumb. Dan's computer is a newer version of mine and it seems to not have the same pluggy things on the side as mine does. The hard drive plug has no where to go on his computer. Dumb.






 




I look at these pictures and think we're wearing sweatshirts in july! does it get any better than that? why do i not live here? it's a perfect place for someone who hates summer as much as i do. Maybe some day.


Dan drove us to Chinatown so we could find a certain little fortune cookie shop that sells flat fortune cookies. We found it and I swear I nearly died of panic/anxiety/fear. Driving in San Francisco is not for the faint of heart. Sitting in the backseat while someone else is driving isn't either. My hat's off to Dan. He's amazing. He stays so calm, cool and collected. I don't think I could have found someone more opposite than me when it comes to driving (and lots of other stuff too).


Inside the little fortune cookie shop was a spot to stand and watch the lady making the dough balls for the cookies. I snapped a picture with my phone. Grandma came over and started to take a picture with her camera. The lady behind the counter said, "No, no, no. No photo inside. You take photo outside. No inside." Good thing she didn't see me. This photo is top secret and very special apparently. Don't tell on me.

Dan made us go across the street to a little market. It was so stinky inside. Fish and other stinky stuff. And it was crowded and just about put me over the edge. Ug. It was good for some kind of cultural experience for the kids I guess.

We ate dinner with our good friend Eve when we got back to Santa Cruz that evening. It was a yummy ending to a nice day.


2 comments:

Janell R. Cropper said...

I'm pretty sure we were in the Bay Area the same day. And I agree, wearing a jacket in July may have been the highlight for me. When I got on my plane that night and they said it was 91 degrees in SLC at 9 pm, I just about hopped right back off.

Marisa said...

The Full House park! I need to go there someday. For the park AND the weather! Looks like a fun day.