Tuesday, August 7, 2012

are we there yet?


My mom asked why I was standing with my bum sticking out and I have no answer. Maybe because I like my bum. Maybe I was excited to be headed on our way to the beach so I stuck out my bum. Or maybe I was worried about the hours of kids in the car ahead of me and I wasn't thinking straight (or standing straight either). 

Pay no attention to my goofy face in this next one. Just check out Cate's I'm such a foxy super model face. I love it.



It only took 9 minutes for the first are we there yet? It was uttered by Danny. I'm pretty sure we were on the freeway by then but just barely.

After about 6 hours in the car Danny said, "How much more longer? I can't take it!" I'm sure glad I write dumb stuff in my little travel notebook.

We ended the day of driving in Reno, the biggest little city in the world. A crazy lady was showing me pictures of her niece on her phone while we waited for Dan to get the keys to our room.

And I sat there watching my kids run around the lobby, trying to keep my cool. I was not very successful. I'm pretty sure I'll be fully medicated next time I take a road trip. 

Dan gets the gold star for the day. He drove like a champ for nine hours (or something hideous like that). No complaining. No speeding tickets. He's amazing.

No comments: