Wednesday, June 6, 2012

hopscotch by sevens


No biggie.


Just learning how to count by sevens.


I drew the squares.


Danny told me the numbers to fill in.


He knew the first three.
I helped with the middle ones.


When we got to 77 he said,
"Oh, I know this. Daddy taught me."
Then he rattled off 84, 91, 98 and 105 faster than I could have.
He's got a good memory.


We did a little counting by threes too since we have a nice long sidewalk in the shade.








And this is what I feel like after sitting outside watching my kids hop around for 30 minutes.
Lucky for me, someone brought out a pillow from my bed
(even though that's breaking the rules) so I had something soft to sit on.


I love summer. I love summer. I love summer. I love summer.

(if I say it enough I might believe it some day)


4 comments:

Janell R. Cropper said...

You only said I love summer four times. You have to say it five times to make it a fact. ;)

Glenora said...

Only a monthy till grandpa gets there then he can sit outside with the kids. He knows it is cooler outside there than here.

Unknown said...

I just want you to come and make that hopscotch in my driveway...because I can't bend over.

Marisa said...

You are SUCH a good mom!!