Saturday, April 28, 2012

mama bird






I made this necklace today.

It's my nest.

All the lovely little birdies I get to take care of every day.

The big green egg is Dan. The emerald signifies wisdom, growth and patience. I'd say that's him.

The little orange one is Danny. Topaz symbolizes love and affection. Danny was happy to know the orange one is him since that's his current favorite color. Did you know that topaz is the state gem of Utah? Pretty cool.

And the little white egg is my Catie Bug. The pearl is a symbol of purity. I like that since my birthstone is a pearl too.

The young women in my ward will be making a mama bird nest necklace this week for their moms for Mother's Day. I think it's pretty safe to say none of their moms read this blog so I haven't ruined any surprises. At least that's what I'm hoping.

I followed this tutorial to make my mama bird nest. It was super easy. I think there might be some other ladies in my life who will be receiving one of these sometime in the nearish future.

I really like my little nest.


Speaking of Mother's Day...




Look what my mom sent to me this week.

It's my early Mother's Day gift from her and my dad.

I love it.

Thanks to my own mama bird.



2 comments:

Marisa said...

So cute! You did a great job! What a perfect YW project for Mother's Day.

Unknown said...

I know I already told you, but that necklace is AWESOME. Good job bein' so crafty.