Sunday, March 4, 2012

two reasons why my bed almost never gets made



There they are.

I've given up on making my bed...I'd say ever again but I'm thinking that might be a little unrealistic.

It's not because I'm a slob (although some days I wonder).

These two enjoy climbing under the covers and pretending to snore.

Or dragging in every pillow and blanket they can find in the entire house, piling them up on my bed and going "camping."

Or spreading out a blanket and having a tea party (because sometimes tea parties on tables can be so boring)

Or throwing all the covers off and jumping like a bunch of crazy monkeys.

Who am I to deny them one of life's simple pleasures? Are there really people who don't let their kids jump on the bed? Boring.

Danny has bunk beds and Cate is sleeping in the crib-turned-toddler-bed. None of those situations is ideal for jumping. Trust me. They've tried.

And so, my bed goes unmade. Day after day after day. I've given myself permission to not give a flying fig about it too. It feels good.

Just doing my best to enjoy the little moments right? Live in the now. Don't sweat the small stuff. All that blah blah blah.

Honestly though, it's incredibly frustrating to me to make my bed and then have the little ones wreck it. I know, I know. Close your bedroom door. Be the boss and tell them no jumping on Mommy and Daddy's bed. Boring.

I welcome the excuse to take one thing off my daily to do list permanently...or at least until the Queen comes to visit. I'll make my bed for the Queen.

Or maybe not. She might enjoy climbing up there and having a spot of tea with the princess of the house.

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Ha! I'd love to see Cate and the Queen having a tea party on your bed.

You're a fun mom. We just bought a new bed, so NO JUMPING on our bed. But both kids have jumpable beds. Cheap/old jumpable beds.

I never make my bed because I don't have to. It's one of those things I looked forward to as an adult—no making the bed, eat ice cream for dinner, etc.

Cathy said...

I like the way you think, Marisa!