Sunday, February 5, 2012

on the fifth: wedding preparations




Cate likes to talk. To herself, to anyone who will listen, to anyone who won't listen. Talktalktalktalktalktalktalk. She's always got something to say...unless you put a cute little puppy on her lap. Then she's speechless.

Yesterday she was talking a lot about her wedding. I don't know where this came from. I don't think I've talked about my wedding recently (or any other wedding for that matter). She told Dan that she was going to her wedding and then going to her honeymoon. I have no idea where that one came from either. I'm sure she has no idea what honeymoon even means.

Last night she brought her plastic table into the front room. She flipped it over and then proceeded to balance herself on top. I asked her why she was doing that.

Her reply, "I'm getting ready for my wedding."

Oh, heaven help us. Looks like we need to have a talk about what "wedding" means because it looks like she has no idea...or does she?

I'm thankful for that silly kid.

Her imagination (and all the other crazy stuff she thinks up) makes me happy...and giggle sometimes.

* * *

And since I've spent most of the day in bed feeling cruddy, I'm thankful for a good husband who let me lay in bed most of the day.

Watching E.T. tonight made me happy. I don't understand why some people think that movie is creepy. I love it.

No comments: