Monday, December 5, 2011

prized possessions


I recently found this box while I was cleaning out the back garage.

Here's what I found inside:



A sleigh my grandpa made. I love the little metal handle and foot step thing on the side.

Here's Grandpa's sleigh in action.



Cate came over and wanted to play with it when she saw that I had made it fun. I wouldn't let her. Should I? I don't know. I don't want it to get broken but I also don't think it needs to spend eternity in that box.

I wish I had a mantle so it could be on display out of reach of grabby little fingers.

Look what I found taped to the bottom of the sleigh:



Excuse me for a moment while I daintily dab away my tears with Grandma's embroidered hanky.

Do you think these two would hold still long enough for me to tape a note like that to their bottoms? Or maybe a tattoo because that would last forever and a note would just come off in the bath tub.



They are my prized possessions.

Just thought you should know in case you find them in a cardboard box in my garage some day.

That sounds morbid doesn't it?

Maybe I'll just make them sit on the mantle instead.



*cute picture of my little darlings by Candis. Her website is new and improved. Check it out.

4 comments:

Marisa said...

I love the little details! Wow. And that note made me teary, too. I think you should make a mantle just for that.

Glenora said...

Grandma kept Christmas cards she received in the sleigh.

Unknown said...

I loved that you said your kids are your prized possession. Made me get a little emotional.

Arlene said...

Love that sleigh!