Tuesday, November 15, 2011

in the spotlight


It's Cate's turn to be the spotlight kid at preschool today. She worked on painting her poster last night. This morning I added the details (and greatly restrained myself from painting more and filling in all those blank white spaces).

Yeah, I colored the Learn About Me! last night. She said I could. That's all I did though.

This morning I added a few pictures and asked her questions so we could fill in the blanks. Some of it was just too good not to share.

Favorite Things To Do: eat breakfast, play with cousins, give a hug to Mommy (can you tell it was morning and Ray Ray was running around the house when I asked her this one? looks like she was hungry.)

Places I'd Like To Go: Chick-fil-A, the park, the dino museum (I'm sure her teacher isn't expecting her to say stuff like Hawaii, New York City or Disneyland. She's 3 after all. It's waffle fries and chicken nuggets.)

My Favorite Book: Cinderella (her actual words were, "Ummmmm uhhhhhhh, Cinderella I guess." she put a lot of thought into that one.)

My Favorite Subject: learning nursery rhymes (this one took a lot of prompting. her reply was, "Little Miss Muffett sat on a tuppett.")

My Favorite Food: chicken, raisins and cookies (I don't even remember the last time she ate raisins.)

My Favorite Color: red and purple (no mention of pink, that's a shocker)

And my favorite one...

Someday I'd Like to Be: a mommy

I bet if I asked her these same questions again in 10 minutes (or after she'd actually eaten breakfast) I'd get completely different answers.

Except for that last one of course.