Friday, November 11, 2011

friday night videos: patriotic


Dan used to read (but mostly sing since it's a song of course) this book to Danny when he was a wee one. Now he sings it to Cate at bedtime. She's gotten pretty good at it. She'll gladly perform it if she's in the mood. The dramatic ending is all thanks to Dan. He likes to ham it up.

I figured tonight would be a good time to share her version. You can see Danny's here. Man, he was an adorable toddler.





Oh, she can be such a stinker sometimes.

* * * * *

Here's our attempt at a group picture on the elevens this morning.




Some day they'll be sitting around chatting with their friends, reminiscing about where they were at 11:11 on 11/11/11. It could happen. My kids (and their cousin) will get to say that they were being tortured by their mother with a photo shoot in a pile of slightly damp dead leaves. They'll pretend that it was so annoying that I made them pose with me but secretly they'll be thankful to have this picture of me and my wrinkles, Ray Ray eating something that's probably not edible, Cate staring off into the distance and faceless Danny. I try. Really I do.

* * * * * *

Other pictures from the morning (just not at 11:11). I'm pretty sure it's a requirement to take oodles of pictures of little kids playing in dead leaves. They had fun. I did too until they started to toss leaves at each other onto the section of lawn that I had already raked.




No comments: