Sunday, October 17, 2010

a love note to my food


Dear Frozen Banana Bites,

You're sweet and I love you. Hello! Fruit covered in chocolate? Yes, please. You're beautiful. Has anyone told you that lately because you really are beautiful.

Where have you been all my life?

Sure, I've heard of frozen bananas before. I don't think I've ever eaten one though. Why did it take 37 years and a chance encounter with a recipe for us to meet? Why didn't I think of you sooner?

Chop a banana into bite-sized pieces. Smother them in chocolate. Freeze them. Genius!

The best part, you're fruity. That means you're super healthy and good for me, right? Good, because I love you. See how I only used a thin layer of chocolate and no nut chunks or cookie bits or toffee pieces or toasted coconut? You're still beautiful without all that frilly stuff. And you're saving me some calories. I love you for that.

The second best part, my kids don't like you. Don't take that personally. All the more love from me. And since you're so chilly and Dan has sensitive teeth, I think I'll be eating his share too.

So thank you, my sweet fruity friend. Thank you for the good times we've shared these past few days. I won't forget you.


Until we meet again (like as soon as I hit publish on this post),

The Lady Who's No Longer Giving Up Sugar

3 comments:

Arlene said...

You're funny. I am surprised you never had them before!

Cathy said...

I've lived a very sheltered life. What can I say?

Judy said...

I bet I'd love them with dark chocolate.