Wednesday, May 5, 2010

to do list: crayon letters

{found here}

It's Teacher Appreciation Week at Dan's school. If I were on the ball (and if I thought Dan would care about having a cute piece of framed artwork in his room...and if he had given me a little advanced notice) I would have made one of these for him.

Instead, I'm going to add it to my to do list and make some for my kids. A letter D with different shades of blue for Danny. A letter C with shades of pink for Cate, since that's what Danny says her favorite color is. She says blue. She calls everything blue so I don't think that counts. I vote pink, so pink it is.

I could even let the kiddos help me. Heaven knows, if there's one thing they're good at it's breaking crayons.

5 comments:

B said...

I didn't know your hubby was a teacher! Where does he teach at/ what does he teach? My hubby is too.
These are too cute. Methinks I might have to make one for Dave's classroom...

g said...

So cute! I think we'll make those for my kids' teachers. What I really want to know is why is Teacher Appreciation so close to the end of the year? Not that I don't appreciate my kids' teachers (they're great), but having two gift-giving days 3 weeks apart is kind of annoying.

Cathy said...

Brooke, Dan teaches special ed. at a middle school in Canyons School District. This is his 5th year (teaching special ed., but just his first at this school).

Garaghty, I taught school for many years and I would have loved to be appreciated with this adorable work of art. And I have no clue who decided to stick the appreciation week so close to the end. It is a bit annoying.

Zipdinger said...

How about "A" for Awesome!? These are super cute...I'll have to remember them for next year when Abby is in Pre-school...(hopefully not the same teachers....)

Unknown said...

I LOVE this idea. I wanted to do one for my daughter, and maybe when she goes to school we can make one for the teacher too! =)