Thursday, November 5, 2009

today last year

It was brought to my attention last night that my dear husband checks this blog regularly throughout his day, hoping to see something new. Some witty insight by his darling wife. Some amazing pictures of his adorable brood. He leaves the blog open on his computer, clicking the refresh button and hoping for the best. I had no idea it was that important to him. I'll try to do better. I'm not promising anything great. A picture here and there. Maybe a little caption if explanation is needed. A little video from the past. We'll see.

For today, Dan (and anyone else who cares), here's a little look back at November 5, 2008. And just for fun, let's keep score.

Danny not wearing a winter coat (couldn't find the one Judy gave me). minus 1
Not wearing snow pants (couldn't find the ones Judy gave me). minus 1
Not wearing waterproof mittens (didn't have any yet). minus 1
At least I got him to keep the hat on. plus 1
And he's wearing snow boots! plus 1

Total for Playing in the Early Snow of 2008: Negative 1 for me, Bad Mommy

Now check out October 27, 2009.

Dan wearing a girly hat (Angie made it for ME last year). plus 1
Danny not wearing snow pants. minus 1
Not wearing a winter coat (can't find it again). minus 1
Not wearing waterproof mittens (couldn't find them). minus 1
Wearing Cate's pink mittens (for part of the time). plus 1
Wearing the hat Aunt Cindy made for him last year. plus 1
Cate not wearing a winter coat (doesn't have one yet). minus 1
Not wearing snow pants (doesn't have any yet). minus 1
Not wearing snow boots (not buying those until she can actually walk in the snow). minus 1
At least she's wearing a hat (thanks, Grandma)! plus 1

Total for Playing in the Early Snow of 2009: Negative 2 for me, Bad Mommy again

Oh, well. There's always next year.



And just for kicks (and because I know Dan will watch it over and over again), here's a little video of Kris and Danny playing in that 2008 snow.


No comments: