Tuesday, October 27, 2009

so many leaves


I raked 57,082 leaves in the backyard yesterday.
(That's just an estimate, of course. It could have been more.)

I piled them up high.

Then the four little ones proceeded to

throw them
(It's raining! It's raining!)

kick them


drive through them
(on the kid sized tractor)

jump on them

crawl through them

and eat them.
(beats me why she still puts everything in her mouth)



Then I tried to recreate my favorite fall photo shoot.

It didn't go as well as it did with her big bro.
I took exactly 2 pictures.
Here's the best one.


And then 24 hours later,
here's that same pile of leaves that Cate was so upset about.
Only this time, it's about half as big (thanks to all the wind last night)
and getting covered in the white stuff.


Danny might look miserable here. He wasn't.
He really did want to go outside with me.


See? He's happy.

Now we're off to make snow angels.
And maybe let Cate crawl around in the snow for the first time ever.
(Still no walking. Ug.)

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Love the photos. I can't believe you have snow!