Friday, September 4, 2009

an update


After the whole Poopy Underwear Stuck Under the Shelf incident this morning, I figured the rest of the day would be smooth sailing. It was never meant to be.

Cate took a little nap once she got over the trauma of the self-inflicted wedging. I woke her up at noon so she would be sure to take a nap later in the afternoon. We took a little trip to Target and then came home and played. She was showing no signs of sleepiness at 2:30 so I let the playing continue.

At 3:00 I put Danny in bed. I told Cate to tell him good night. She cried instead. She reached out her hands for him as I walked out of his room with her on my hip. I put her in her crib and left the room.

For the next hour and fifteen minutes I could hear her babbling and moving around. I just left her alone to have her quiet time. It was pretty obvious that she had no intention of sleeping. At about 4:15 she started to cry. I figured she'd had enough alone time so I went to get her.

As soon as I opened the door I smelled it. She had puked. Lots of puke. All over the blankets. All over herself. All over everything. She even had a big chunk stuck to the back of her head.

Lovely.

Let's review.

Danny pooped in his underwear.
Cate got stuck under the toy shelf.
Cate puked in her crib.

And to even up the score, Danny pooped in his underwear again after dinner.

A lovely ending to a lovely day.

No comments: