Tuesday, July 2, 2013

For the love



You know how sometimes you do things for your kids just because you love them so?

Like how you walk around the zoo even though it feels like you're walking inside an oven and you'd rather just be sitting on the couch eating bonbons?

Well, I showed my kid some love today. I hope she knows it. 

Watching her watch the sea lions and the polar bear swimming underwater totally made up for the cranky feelings I had inside though. That was awesome. Those animals are pretty cool. Also, baby giraffes are pretty much the most adorable thing ever.

And then, as if I it wasn't perfectly clear how much I love her, we went to the dinosaur museum too. Oh, I am a crazy lady. We brought cousin Ray Ray with us. It was mostly my idea though since I wanted to check out the new exhibit. It was kind of lame and totally not geared towards the 5 and under crowd but at least we got our 50 cent cup of ice cream before heading home. 

Nothing says love like ice cream.

p.s. Because I'm not sure you remember and it never gets old listening to people complain about the summer heat, IT'S HOT and I hate it. But I sure love my kid.

p.p.s. My parents live 3.2 miles away instead of 2,000!! That's pretty awesome. It makes up for all the complaining about the heat that I do.

p.p.p.s. How do people actually love summer? I really do not understand. Ok. I'm done now.

3 comments:

Jamie M. said...

I love the warm days of summer, but not the baking in the heat days. I can't bring myself to go anywhere, after spending three days with the youth outdoors in this heat and then on a bus with no air conditioning from Logan to Springville, I have planted myself firmly in my cool house with plenty of projects to keep me occupied. Now I just need to find some for the kids ;).

Unknown said...

You deserve a badge, because even this adventurous Mommy probably wouldn't go the zoo in this heat. That is real love.

I am so happy that your parents are so close.

Arlene said...

This made me miss Cate. Not that she cares about me....