Wednesday, September 22, 2010

strike update: week three


I skipped strike update: week two.

I was a little worried that I might not have anything good to say.

Cate decided to make that week the one where she made herself puke every single time she needed to go to sleep. Nap time and bed time. She pulled out all the stops.

Screaming, crying, sticking her hand down her throat.

For the entire week.

And then, like nothing had ever been wrong, she stopped. I seriously have no idea what that was about. I'm glad it's over. She now sleeps with a clean bowl in her bed though.

I think I might have done a little complaining about the daily pukage that week. I tried not to though. I have realized that complaining is just lots of negative words that don't really do anything to make the situation better. They don't change anything. Sometimes it feels better to just get those words out though.

I had a minor breakdown on the Saturday night of week two. I spewed forth some complaining words late one night, shed a few tears and then felt better.

Week three has been good. No complaints here. It helps that the weather has been so pleasant, my jeans are getting looser and Cate has been going to sleep without emptying her stomach contents all over her sheets first.

Just one more week to go!


p.s. That picture up there was taken in the afternoon on Labor Day. Day one of Puke Fest '10. Little did I know what was in store for me. So glad it's over. Knock on wood. Don't you love her crazy nap hair?


3 comments:

Unknown said...

it sounds like i wasn't a good week..

Joy McMillan said...

Cathy, have you heard about this book: http://www.acomplaintfreeworld.org/

We did it in church a while back - and donned the bracelets as pretty little reminders to quit our complaining.

LOVE nap hair!

Arlene said...

She's so adorable. I can't even picture her throwing up!