Tuesday, August 17, 2010

to do list: rain gutter bookshelves

Mr. McScratchington and Danny on the top bunk


Now that Danny has bunk beds in his room, I really want to make (or have someone else make for me) some of these rain gutter bookshelves to go along the wall by his bed. I'm thinking top bunk and bottom bunk.

I have no design sense so I figured books are a good way to fill up space. Plus, the rain gutter bookshelves don't look too complicated.

I think they're quite stylish too (but that's coming from a gal with no design sense so what do I know?).

Anyone want to help me make some?

Or better yet, anyone want to make them for me?

There's a batch of your favorite cookies waiting for you if you do. Or maybe some blueberry, caramel and white chocolate cookies. They look yummy and I need an excuse to bake them.

I'll just add them to my to do list too.

Good grief. It never ends.

8 comments:

Ireland Family said...

Those are awesome! We have bunk beds coming soon too. I think we may have to see if we can get Pop to make us some of those bookshelves. If we lived closer, I would come help you make some.

Arlene said...

Interesting bookshelves. We just got new gutters and they were not $3 for 10 feet! haha

Now, I shall check your recipes.

Tell Danny congrats on his bunk bed. Is Cate on the bottom one?

Cathy said...

Sarah, send Pop on over to make some for me when he's done with yours.

Arlene, Cate is not on the bottom one. Are you crazy? She doesn't know how to climb out of her crib yet. No way she's ready for bedroom freedom.

Anonymous said...

I've seen those and love them. I was going to make some, but I changed my mind and now I'm making these instead. http://www.knock-offwood.com/2009/11/plan-collector-shelf-knock-off-of_11.html The way my kids treat things, I just wasn't sure if the gutters would hold up.

Debra said...

That wasn't supposed to be anonymous. It's me, Debra. And I'll help you make them.

Cathy said...

Thanks, Anonymous Debra. I just might take you up on that offer!

Lauren and Suzy said...

I am so using this idea in my kitchen with my cookbooks as soon as I paint and reorganize it (so never!) Thank you for the darling idea. Suzy

Unknown said...

Those look awesome and so easy! Good luck with them!
I think I may try them too.