Sunday, May 16, 2010

potpourri


This is part of the birthday card Grama Bama sent to her favorite son-in-law last week. Truer words were never spoken.

* * * * * * *

Cate has been quite chatty lately. She sings songs to her babies. The songs usually go a little something like this: mama mama mama daddy daddy daddy baby baby baby. She can say her own name now too. She pronounces it Date, just like Danny does. I'm pretty sure her favorite thing to say is help followed by no, don't (if, heaven forbid, you actually try to help her) and then me (because what she really wanted was to do it all by herself). Oh, how I love this age.

* * * * * * *


Uncle Tony and Aunt Diane came by for a visit. Danny was treated to a healthy serving of whisker pie.

* * * * * * *

After opening his birthday gift (the Star Wars legos) from Danny last week, Dan asked, "Can I open it or do I have to go poo poo first?" Danny said, "Silly! You don't have to earn it!"

* * * * * * *

Kris and Danny were playing one afternoon. I heard Danny say, "It's finders keepers, Kris." I have no idea what he had found but apparently it was something Kris wanted. He replied, "No, Danny. It's finders givers." Nice try, Kris.

* * * * * * *

Sometimes when I exercise, I enjoy flipping through a magazine. Especially when it's Saturday evening and there's nothing good on t.v. Yesterday I picked up a copy of Vanity Fair as I headed over to my favorite elliptical machine. What a waste. It was filled with ads, ads and more ads. I saw a naked butt and a whole bunch of political mumbo jumbo. Who buys that magazine anyway? Bor-ing. It really made me wish I hadn't left my Reader's Digest at home.

* * * * * * *

We got new backyard neighbors on Friday and I'm not happy about it.


This one and another one just like him (or her or whatever). Please tell me that horse is not going to put his head right over that fence and eat my babies' fingers off. Please. Because that's what I'm afraid is going to happen. They have really big teeth (the horses, not my babies). I'm sad that my "let the kids play in the backyard without me" time has come to an end. And I'm really thinking the time has come to build an 8 foot high fence to prevent some kind of tragedy from occurring. I like my babies and I don't want any of their body parts to be eaten by our neighbors. Can you tell I'm afraid of horses?

As of this morning, they're gone. Are they on a vacation? Were the neighbors just horse-sitting for a few days? I just hope they're gone for good. I like my kids to have fingers.

* * * * * * *

I came across a comment this week that could be added to my facebook funnies.

"I do needless acupuncture for headaches and it works like a charm!"

I was kind of under the impression that acupuncture was needless, so it's good to know it actually works. Maybe the commenter meant to say needleless? Who knows. Needless to say, I got a little chuckle out of it.

* * * * * * *

I'm excited to give Grandma Olds her birthday present. It arrived this week.


It was supposed to be her Mother's Day present. I knew it might be late getting here because of the volcano so I had a back-up gift ready. Too bad we're going to have to wait until July to see if she likes it.

* * * * * * *

And last but not least, a little video (because it's been a while since I shared one).

2 comments:

Christina said...

Pretty sure the landlords aren't aware of the new addition in your backyard. I'll let the in-laws know.

Arlene said...

Wow! Does your mind ever stop?!

I got bit by a miniature-donkey while I was in Washington last week on my back. It hurt like a BIG DOG! And it was just a mini-donkey. I learned a lesson about squatting down to take pictures of the NICE mini-donkey when the satan one is lurking.