Saturday, October 3, 2009

orange and blue

I was never a cheerleader. I was way too cool for that kind of thing. I was in the marching band (piccolo, coolest of the cool). Cate is too little to play an instrument. She doesn't walk yet, so marching is out of the question. (She did take 5 consecutive steps yesterday! If I hadn't been squealing and clapping so much, she might have taken more.) For now, cheerleading will suffice. (Thanks, Grama Bama! If you find a marching band outfit in size 18-24 months, send it on out here!)

And now, without further ado, I give you my favorites from the Cate the Cheerleader photo shoot. War Eagle!


War Eagle
Fly down the field



Ever to conquer
Never to yield


War Eagle
Fearless and true


Fight on
You orange and blue
Go
Go
Go


On to vic'try
Strike up the band


Hit 'em high
Hit 'em low
Stand up and yell
Hey


War Eagle
Win for Auburn


Power of Dixie Land


p.s. Please don't tell Grama Bama that Dan made Cate smile by standing behind me and saying "Goooooooooo Cougars!" over and over and over again. She doesn't need to know that. It'll just be our little secret.

p.p.s. If you want to hear the music that goes along with the words, watch this little clip I found on YouTube. I must warn you, there's a four letter word starting with h in it. I used the G rated version above.

p.p.p.s. If you want to, you could click start, scroll back to the top and look at the pictures along with the song. It's just a suggestion.


2 comments:

Glenora said...

Wow! Go Tigers! War Eagle! We expect our smart grandkids will all know the fight song by Christmas.

kimberly t. bowling said...

Have a couple of things to say....
came over from kelly's korner when I saw the all too familiar war cry of my beloved alma mater and had to say WAR EAGLE!

That is an adorably cute little AU cheerleader you have there...precious pics!

And "don't let people drive you crazy when it's within walking distance"---is just priceless! I am still laughing at that...still. I need to steal that and post on my blog if you don't mind! :)