Saturday, July 18, 2009

perfect mama


As I was getting dressed in my bedroom this morning (with the door closed and alone...a nice treat), I heard the pitter patter of Danny's little feet. Then I heard him start to hum. As the humming got louder, this is what I heard:

"Wet dee now. Where is dat berfit mama?"
(translation: Let's see now. Where is that perfect mama?)

Good question. I've been wondering that same thing for quite a while now. Judging by the smile on his face, I could tell that he thought he had found "that perfect mama" when I emerged from my bedroom a few minutes later.

I know I am far from perfect. What Danny doesn't know can't hurt him. I'll just let him keep on believing that I am.

Plus, it'll be nice to have this recorded to show him in a decade or so. You know, when he wants nothing more than for me to leave him alone in his bedroom...with the door closed.

No comments: