Thursday, July 30, 2009

first words


On July 17th I heard Cate say Daddy for the first time.
She was standing in front of the window in the living room.
So was Danny.
They were watching Dan mow the lawn.

Danny said, "Daaaaaaaaa-deeeeeeeee!"
Then Cate said, "Daaaaaaaaa-deeeeeeeee!"

On July 26th I heard Cate say Mama for the first time.
I was washing dishes.
She wanted to be held.
She got up on her knees and reached her hands up towards me.

Then Cate said, "Ma ma ma ma ma ma."

Today I heard Cate say another word for the first time.
She had just woken up from a nap.
I went into her room and said, "Did you have a good nap?"
She nodded (does that count as saying yes?),
looked down and touched her diaper.

Then Cate said, "Poo poo."

And she was right.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Cute, Hon.
Yeah, I was first!