Saturday, March 7, 2009

reindeer

We sing on the drive to Jarrett's school. One of our favorites is "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer." We're still singing it even though Christmas has long since passed.

I like to mix it up a bit and sing that Santa got run over by the reindeer. The big boys don't like it when I do that and they correct me very quickly.

Danny even knows how to sing most of the chorus now. That's about all I know of the song anyway.

I've been meaning to figure out the rest of the words. I finally remembered a few nights ago so I looked it up on YouTube. Danny's hooked. I don't know how many times I clicked the replay button.

He usually says, "No, not Grandma. Grandpa!" (Sorry, Grandpa. I'm sure it's nothing personal.) I looked up "Grandpa Got Run Over by a Reindeer." I actually found songs called "Grandpa Got Run Over by a Beer Truck" and "Grandpa Got Run Over by a John Deere."

There were some naughty words in those ones so we'll stick with grandma.

No comments: