Thursday, March 26, 2009

probably


Probably RSV. That's the diagnosis for Cate.


Probably a sinus infection. That's the diagnosis for Danny.

I didn't realize RSV could be a "probably" but that's what the pediatrician said yesterday at Cate's 9 month check up. She's had a runny nose and cough since Saturday night. He says she's in the window of opportunity for it to get better or worse. Oh, joy.

She didn't have to get any shots this time but she did get a toe pricked for blood. They tested her hematocrit (level of red blood cells) and it came back a little low. Now she gets to take iron supplement drops for the next 3 months. Oh, joy.

Danny had a cough for a week. It went away last week and it's back again, along with a runny nose. The doctor saw some drainage in the back of his throat. I don't know how he managed to see anything with Danny's lack of cooperation but I guess that's why we pay him the big bucks. So Danny's on an antibiotic now. Oh, joy.

I'm going to be sick next.

Probably.

1 comment:

colds1 said...

Man, I'm sorry! I think this winter and sickness season will never end!