Friday, March 13, 2009

lucky day


Friday the thirteenth is our lucky day. Grama Bama's here!

We've been counting down the days. I've been telling Danny that Grama Bama was coming and every time he'd say, "And Grandpa." He loves Grandpa...even if he does like to sing about him getting run over by a reindeer.

Aunt Judy picked Grama Bama up at the airport and drove her to a house full of excited little boys. Hugs and kisses were exchanged. Cate was held, only to be relinquished for a few minutes of loving with Aunt Judy.

Grama thinks Cate has grown. She has. She also thinks Cate looks like her brother, Norbert. She doesn't.

We ate a yummy dinner (thanks, Uncle Dave) and then attempted to play a trivia game about The Office. Grama Bama is one of the best people to play games with. She's a hoot. The sleepier she is, the better. I think she was exhausted tonight. I have never seen Dan laugh so hard.

Cate was happy to sit on Grama's lap most of the evening. She was fine until I got up to take her picture. That's when my tired little girl saw me and the fun was over.

I'm just hoping Grama can get some rest tonight. Maybe the guinnea pig and three little birds she'll be sharing a room with will sing her to sleep.

Good luck!

No comments: